Seared Tuna with Green Olive Smash July 20, 2020
This flavour-packed seared tuna salad sings the praises of the Mediterranean diet. Check out the original recipe here.
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, peeled, white pith removed, flesh segmented
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush and drizzle
- 2 x 180g tuna steaks
- Grated ricotta salata, to serve
GREEN OLIVE SMASH
- 1 cup (120g) pitted Sicilian olives or other green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- For the green olive smash, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until a coarse paste. Season to taste and set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine the zucchini, cannellini beans, parsley and lemon segments in a bowl. Season and toss with 2 tbs oil. Set aside.
- Brush tuna with oil, season and cook in a large fry pan over high heat for 1 minute each side and 10 seconds on each edge to seal, then set aside, loosely covered with foil, to rest for 3 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Divide zucchini salad among 4 plates and top with tuna, green olive smash and ricotta salata. Drizzle with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.