Lemon-Pepper BBQ Fish with Greens and Salsa October 15, 2018
For an excellent source of protein and fibre try this lemon-pepper fish served with seasonal, chargrilled greens. It is quick and easy and perfect to go along with this beautiful weather as we head into summer. To checkout the original recipe click here.
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets (such as hapuka, gurnard or snapper)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 baby broccoli, ends trimmed
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Combine tomato, onion, chilli, if using, caper, mint and oil in a bowl. Season.
- Place fish on a clean work surface. Combine pepper, lemon rind and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the fish.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray baby broccoli and asparagus with olive oil spray. Season. Cook for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly charred and tender crisp. Transfer to a plate. Spray fish with oil. Cook on grill for 2-3 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Divide baby broccoli and asparagus among serving plates. Top with fish and spoon over the tomato mixture.