Parsley and Lemon Fish Bake with Roast Kumara October 8, 2018
Try out this delicious recipe by Nadia Lim for a yummy fish bake with a white sauce that includes lemon zest and parsley to take the flavour to a new level. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal and perfect with any firm white fish. Check out the original recipe here.
- 400g red kumara diced
- 450g fish fillets such as lemonfish, trevally or warehou
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek cut into quarters length ways then sliced
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 1 carrot
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Grease a rectangular, oven-proof dish (measuring about 30 x 20 cm).
- Toss kumara on prepared tray with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and roast for about 25 minutes, until golden and tender. Turn once during cooking.
- While kumara cooks, pat fish dry with paper towels. Cut any larger fillets in half and place, in a single layer, in prepared dish.
- Melt butter in a pot on medium heat. Add leek, stir, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. If leeks start to stick, add a tablespoon of water. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add milk gradually and stir continuously until smooth and thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add salt, pepper, first measure of parsley, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Pour white sauce over fish, sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and bake for 12-15 minutes, until fish is just cooked and breadcrumbs are golden.
- While fish bakes, prepare the salad. Finely shred lettuce; grate carrot; cut cucumber in half-length ways then thinly slice. Add all to a medium bowl with lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spoon parsley lemon fish bake onto each plate. Serve with roast kumara and salad on the side. Squeeze lemon wedge