Thai Fish and Pumpkin Soup June 29, 2020
Check out the original recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 3 cups (750ml) salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 4 Asian (red) eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (optional)
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 600g skinless chunky fish fillets
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, then mix in the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, eschalot, chilli and kaffir lime leaves, if using, and stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin, capsicum, tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and a pinch of salt and cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, then add fish and simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Place half the spinach in 4 warm bowls and top with the fish and veg. Scatter with remaining spinach, then ladle the sauce over the top and serve.