Salmon and Prawns in Spicy Coconut Broth July 6, 2020
For something a bit lighter than a laksa, try this seafood studded fragrant broth. Check out the original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons laksa paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 400g cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 100g snow peas, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes, drained
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large, deep fry pan over medium-high heat. Add paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add coconut milk, stock, sugar and lime leaves. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Season fish. Fry for 1-2 minutes each side until cooked but still pink in the centre. Set aside. Add prawns to pan and heat through for 1 minute.
- Add juice and sauce to broth, then remove from heat. Divide seafood and snow peas among shallow bowls, pour over broth and top with coriander.