Coconut-poached Fish with Pumpkin & Beans June 22, 2020
A light, easy, fresh and delicious way to eat fish! This easy weeknight meal is nutritious and stunningly delicious. Check out the original recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 15 gram galangal
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, ground cumin and ground chilli
- 600 millilitre coconut milk
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), thinly sliced
- 400 gram butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 5cm pieces
- 600 gram skinless firm-textured fish fillet
- 120 gram snake beans (yard-long beans), cut into 7cm lengths – or use whole green beans
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soft light palm sugar, or to taste
- shallots, thinly sliced
- thai chillies (to your taste), thinly sliced
- sprigs thai basil
- sprigs coriander
- lime wedges
- steamed jasmine rice
- Heat coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add galangal and ground spices and stir-fry until fragrant (20-30 seconds). Add coconut milk, lime leaves and lemongrass and bring to the simmer. Season to taste, add pumpkin and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fish and beans and cook until fish is cooked through and pumpkin is tender (8-10 minutes). Transfer vegetables and fish with a slotted spoon to bowls. Season cooking liquid with fish sauce and palm sugar to taste and spoon over fish.
- Combine shallot, chilli and herbs in a bowl, scatter over fish and serve with lime wedges and steamed rice.