Sweet Chilli Salmon Skewers September 3, 2018
- 4 salmon fillets, cut into chunks or any other firm fish, such as hapuka, trevally or kingfish
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 capiscums, sliced into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 limes, sliced
- Cut salmon fillets in chucks then place the salmon in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, then cover with the sweet chilli sauce, tossing well to coat.
- Take the chunks and skewer them with about 3 or 4 pieces of green onion in between (4 to 5 salmon chunks per skewer), beginning and ending with the salmon. You can toss with a little more chilli sauce if desired or add extra vegetables.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Place the skewers in the skillet and cook until opaque and golden on all sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the salmon and place it on a plate. Drizzle it with the toasted sesame oil and cover with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Finish with a spritz of lime. Serve with lime wedges and extra chilli sauce or on rice. Serves 4.