Pad Thai noodle salad with zingy peanut dressing August 27, 2018
Packed with veges with a good dose of protein from the prawns, this feelgood, easy meal is perfect for lunch or dinner. The creamy peanut dressing is also a stand out – it’s zinging with flavour from the lime juice and tamarind paste. Check out the original recipe by Nadia Lim here. Serves 4.
- rice stick noodles 150g
- sesame oil 2 tablespoons
- garlic 1 clove, finely sliced
- ginger 2.5cm piece, peeled and finely sliced
- spring onions 2, cut into bite-sized pieces
- prawns or shrimps 500g
- baby sweetcorn 425g can, drained
- snow peas 100g, blanched and sliced
- green beans 100g, blanched and sliced
- salad greens or baby spinach 60g
- crunchy peanut butter ¼ cup
- tamarind paste 1 tablespoon
- caster sugar 1 teaspoon
- lime 1, juice and zest
- water ¼ cup
- oil 2 tablespoons
- 2 lime halves, black sesame seeds and roughly chopped peanuts
- Cook the rice stick noodles in plenty of boiling water for about 5-6 minutes. When al dente, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat the sesame oil and sauté the garlic, ginger, spring onions and prawns until tender and fragrant.
- Arrange noodles on a platter with snow peas, sweetcorn, beans and salad greens.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Top salad with the warm ginger prawns and drizzle with the peanut dressing. Squeeze over some lime juice, garnish with black sesame seeds and chopped peanuts, and serve.