Salmon Tacos with Pomegranate Guacamole July 1, 2019
Tacos are perfect for any night of the week they always satisfy and are super easy to put together. If you’re looking for something a little different, I present to you Salmon Tacos! You don’t need to go crazy with fixings for this recipe the salmon alone is DANG delicious. Check out the original recipe here.
- 400g of fresh salmon
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 corn tortillas warmed
- Roasted jalapeno peppers sliced, for serving
For the pomegranate guacamole:
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped + more as needed
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Make your guacamole first. To a large bowl, add avocados and lime juice. Mash with a fork.
- Add cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust for lime juice and salt.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and set aside until ready to use.
- Next, heat a pan to medium heat and add a bit of olive oil.
- Rub down the salmon on each side with ancho powder, paprika and cumin. Sear each side of the salmon about 3 minutes per side, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Rough chop the salmon and divide it between the 6 warmed corn tortillas.
- Top with pomegranate guacamole and slices of roasted jalapeno peppers. Serve!