Fish Saganaki with Garlic Toasts August 27, 2019
This Greek dish uses fresh fish fillets to create a yummy hearty meal. Serve with green beans and garlic toast and enjoy! Check out the original recipe here.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices of crusty sourdough bread
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g green beans, halved, steamed, to serve
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil and 1/3 of the garlic in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, 1/2 the chilli and remaining garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes and oregano to the frying pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium/ low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add fish to pan in a single layer. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on high heat. Brush one side of bread with garlic mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Top with fetta, parsley and remaining chilli. Serve saganaki with garlic toasts and green beans.