Creamy Garlic Scallops August 20, 2019
This recipe for creamy garlic scallops is perfect and with only a handful of ingredients, you’re minutes away from having the most incredible scallops on your dinner table! Check out the original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 grams scallops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Thoroughly pat dry the scallops with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without overcrowding the pan or work in batches if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side or until a golden crust forms underneath, then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in wine or broth and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Add cream and allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from the heat; stir in lemon juice and add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables and enjoy!