Fish Nacho Bowl December 3, 2019
- 500g white fish fillets cut into 4-5cm pieces
- 2-3 teaspoons gluten-free chipotle seasoning or Mexican chilli powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g red cabbage
- 425g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Greek-style yogurt
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 50g gluten-free corn chips
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the fish, chipotle seasoning or chilli powder and 2 tsp oil in a bowl. Season.
- Shred the cabbage in a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment. Transfer to a large bowl with the black beans, tomato, 2 shallots, yogurt, lime rind, 2 tbs lime juice and the remaining oil. Season. Toss well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the fish, turning, for 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, combine the avocado, coriander, remaining shallot and 1 tbs remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Season.
- Divide the cabbage mixture, fish, guacamole and corn chips among serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.