Gremolata Crusted Salmon December 10, 2019
Gremolata is a great addition to cut through the richness of a dish, so it works well with salmon. This meal is perfect for a casual week night – healthy, easy and very quick! Check out the original recipe by Nadia Lim here.
- salmon fillets 4 x 120-150g
- curly or flat-leaf parsley ¼ cup very finely chopped
- capers 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- lemon finely grated zest of 1
- garlic 1 clove, minced
- panko or other dried breadcrumbs ¼ cup
- parmesan cheese 3 tablespoons finely grated
- dijon mustard 1 teaspoon, mixed with 1 teaspoon olive oil
- extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- lemon 1, cut into wedges
- steamed broccoli or other green vegetables
- Preheat oven grill to high. Line a baking or oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix parsley, capers, lemon zest, garlic, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towels and place, skin-side-down, on prepared tray. Spread Dijon mustard mixture on top of salmon, dividing equally. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top, packing it on lightly. Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place in the oven (on the middle shelf) to cook for 5-6 minutes or until crust is golden and salmon is just cooked through. Watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn as some oven grills can be extremely hot!
- Serve with potatoes and salad or steamed broccoli or other green vegetables, and a wedge of lemon to squeeze over just before eating.