Classic Fish and Chips April 20, 2020
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup beer or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 500g of fresh white fish such as gurnard or lemonfish
- 3 potatoes cut in fry shapes
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium high heat.
- Whisk together flour, eggs, baking powder, and salt in one medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Next slowly add in beer or milk and continue whisking until batter is combined.
- Salt and pepper fish then dip each piece into batter coating evenly.
- Fry fish in oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Next fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.