Pan-fried John Dory with Smoked Paprika Butter May 26, 2020
John Dory fried in olive oil and butter is a great dish as is, but a dash of smoked paprika adds extra colour and flavour. Checkout the original recipe here.
50g butter, softened
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
salt, to season
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine the butter and paprika and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot and add the olive oil.
- Season the fish well with salt and add the fillets to the pan, skin side down, pressing firmly with a fish press or the back of a spatula for a minute or so to stop the fillet curling.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and add the paprika butter to the pan, basting the fish with it as it melts.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes until the fish is just cooked and the butter foamy.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately with wedges of lemon.