Casual packing position October 26, 2016
Are you keen for a job? We are looking for a new team member in our processing factory. This is a busy environment, and we need some extra help over the coming months.
About this role
In this role you will be part of our factory team responsible for packing fish ready to be sold. You will need to be physically fit and capable of lifting heavy boxes. Reporting to the Factory Manager you will also be responsible for keeping records of what has been packed. This is a casual position as the work requirements will vary depending on what the fishermen catch. A typical day will start at 6:30am and it is estimated that there will be between 25 and 40 hours per week.
You will be responsible for;
- Packing fresh fillets, whole fish and other seafood
- Ensuring product quality is kept to the highest possible standard
- Keeping the work space clean and tidy
- Labelling products accurately
To be successful in this role you will be;
- A team player – We want someone who can have a positive impact in terms of attitude and performance.
- Physically fit – This is an active job which includes lifting heavy items and working on your feet all day.
- Motivated – We need someone who can use their initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Detail focused – Whether it’s packing accurate weights, cleaning the factory or labelling accurately, we want someone who makes sure the small things are done properly.
- Comfortable handling fish – Someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves and is happy handling fish and seafood.
Please note there is mandatory drug testing for new employees as per our drug & alcohol policy.
Egmont Seafood’s as an employer;
We are a locally owned New Plymouth company and take pride in providing our customers with top quality, delicious, healthy seafood.
If you think this job sounds like you, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it into our office at 41 Centennial Drive.