Trevally wraps November 7, 2017
Trevally is our special this week for only $14.90kg and this recipe for Trevally wraps by Ray McVinnie looks like the perfect way to enjoy it. Check out the original post here.
5 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 large Red onion, thinly sliced
½ Preserved lemon, finely diced, peel only
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
3 Tbsp Lemon juice
300 g Baby silverbeet, placed in a large heatproof bowl, covered with boiling water so it wilts, cooled under cold water, squeezed dry
700 g Trevally, skinned and boned fillets
2 Tbsp Harissa paste
300 g Plain yoghurt, unsweetened
1 handful Mint leaves, thinly sliced, plus extra for serving
200 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
8 large Lebanese flat bread, I use the Jabal brand
Lemon, in wedges, for serving
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add the onion, preserved lemon, garlic, cumin seeds and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice (this turns the onion bright pink). Fry gently without browning for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the silverbeet, teasing out the leaves so they are not in lumps and gently stir-fry for 5 minutes. Taste and season. Reserve and reheat when needed.
- Put the trevally, harissa and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss the fish so it is evenly coated with the oil and harissa.
- Fry or barbecue until well browned and just cooked through.
- Put the yoghurt, remaining lemon juice and the mint in a bowl, mix well, taste and season with salt.
- Serve the fish on the silverbeet with cherry tomatoes, yoghurt sauce and mint leaves, all wrapped in warm flatbread, with lemon wedges for squeezing.