Thai Fish Burgers with Pickled Vegetables July 15, 2019
Escape to Thailand with these delicious Thai fish burgers with pickled vegetables! Loaded with fresh authentic Asian flavours and textures, you simply can’t resist this dish! Check out the original recipe here.
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1 large carrot
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 600g fresh fish fillets
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 6 green beans, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 large bread rolls, split horizontally
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Using a mandoline, V-slicer or wide vegetable peeler, thinly slice cucumber and carrot length ways into long ribbons. Combine cucumber, carrot, chilli, sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened, turning every few minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, pulse fish, paste, fish sauce, lime leaves, beans, egg and half the coriander in a food processor for 1 minute or until smooth. Using oiled hands, shape mixture into four 12cm patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Add bread rolls, cut-side down, to same frying pan; cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Sandwich rolls with fish burgers, sweet chilli sauce, pickled vegetables and remaining coriander.