Coconut Poached Fish July 22, 2019
Scrumptious fish fillet poached in coconut cream with bold Thai-inspired flavours, with lemon zest adding a unique twist. Served with sauted spinach on a bed of steamed rice. This recipe is quick and easy, yet packed full of flavour. Check out the original recipe here.
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 lemon, zest grated, juiced
- Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice, to serve
- shredded green onion, to serve
- sliced red chilli, to serve
- In a medium deep-frying pan, combine cream, zest, juice, fish sauce, sugar, sambal oelek and garlic. Heat on medium, stirring often, until mixture reaches boiling point.
- Reduce heat to low and add fish fillets. Simmer gently, covered, 8-10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Remove fish and stir spinach leaves through. Serve fish and spinach with rice. Sprinkle with onion and chilli, enjoy.