This polynesian inspired dish is sure to pack a lot of flavour and punch. This is good with a side of steamed jasmine rice. Find the original recipe here.
For the dressing
4 Tbsp Lime Juice
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Palm sugar, crushed
100 ml Coconut cream
1 Red chilli, thinly sliced
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
1 Kaffir lime leaf, central stem removed, leaf very thinly sliced
For the salad
300g Green beans, stalk ends cut off
250g Cherry tomatoes, halved
700g White fish, firm; skinned and boned, cut into 10cm pieces
¼ cup Fried shallots
1 handful Coriander sprigs
To make the dressing
Put everything in a small bowl and mix well to dissolve the sugar. Reserve.
To make the salad
- Boil the beans in plenty of salted water for 3 minutes,remove from the heat, drain and reserve.
- Pile the beans and tomatoes on a serving platter.
- Steam the fish pieces side by side on a piece of banana leaf or baking paper over moderate heat for about 5 minutes or until just cooked through. (The steaming time will depend on how thick the fish is. Cut a piece open to check that it is cooked, if necessary.)
- Remove from the steamer and place on top of the beans and tomatoes.
- Spoon the dressing over everything. Sprinkle the shallots and coriander on top and serve.