Quick & Easy Fish and Avocado Salsa February 18, 2020
This fresh fish with avocado salsa recipe is light and delicious. Served with this rich avocado salsa, you have a colorful, flavorful dish that always delights! Check out the original recipe here.
- 4 portions of fresh fish steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large avocados diced small
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, soy sauce, ginger, and the juice from the remaining lime. Place fish into a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Flip the fish over until each piece is coated. Place in the fridge until ready to cook, no longer than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make the avocado “salsa” by combining the diced avocado, minced jalapeno, minced garlic, the juice of 1 lime, and cilantro in a small bowl. Add in a pinch of salt. Stir together and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish by searing it skin side down first (if your fish has skin). It should take about 4 minutes per side to cook through (actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your filet). The fish is done when it can flake easily with a fork.
- Serve the fish hot topped with avocado salsa. Season with additional salt to taste and garnish with red pepper flakes (optional).