Spiced Fish with Lemon Pistachio Couscous May 14, 2018
This quick and easy recipe is high in protein with a rich source of good fats from the fish and nuts, the perfect meal to make after a long day. Check out the original post here.
LEMON PISTACHIOS COUSCOUS
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tsp finely grate lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 white fish fillets, such as Tarakihi, Snapper or Gurnard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges to serve
- Combine couscous, lemon rind, juice and the boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for 3-5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, fluffing with a fork occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan, add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat until onion softens. Stir onion mixture, pistachios and mint through couscous. Set aside.
- Combine flour and spices in a medium bowl and rub the spice mixture all over the fish.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the fish until browned on both sides and just cooked through.
- Serve fish immediately with lemon pistachio couscous, lemon wedges and steamed vegetables.