Salmon Patties October 16, 2019
Salmon Patties – quick to prepare, golden and crispy on the outside, moist and savoury on the inside with lovely big flakes of salmon! Check out the original recipe here.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- small onion grated
- 1 garlic, minced
- 400g cooked salmon
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated or shredded
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Grate over onion, including juices. Mix onion into breadcrumbs, ensuring all breadcrumbs are soaked.
- Add remaining ingredients except salmon. Mix well.
- Add salmon. Stir through gently, leaving flakes of salmon (rather than vigorously mixing salmon into tiny pieces).
- Scoop up 1/4 cup mixture. Form round patties about 1.5 cm thick and set aside.
- Drizzle oil all over tray. Place in oven for 2 minutes until hot – oil will spread over tray. Tilt tray to spread if needed.
- Place patties on tray – DO NOT press down makes them stick on tray. Spray surface with oil spray.
- Bake 15 minutes. Flip, spray surface with oil spray, bake 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or yoghurt on the side for dipping / dolloping, and extra fresh dill if desired.