Quick Fish Cakes March 27, 2017
This recipe is from Jamie Oliver – check it out here http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/quick-fish-cakes/
- 500 g skinless Gurnard, Snapper, Tarakihi, Trevally
- 1 large floury potato (250g)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh green herbs, such as dill, chives or parsley
- 200 ml mayonnaise , made using free-range eggs
- Roughly chop the fish, then peel and grate the potato.
- Combine with the flour in a bowl, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring together with your hands and shape into 12 flat patties, then leave to chill in the fridge.
- Heat a glug of oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. In batches of 4, cook the fish cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp, then remove to kitchen paper to drain.
- Pick, chop and stir the herbs through the mayo, then serve with the fish cakes, and some watercress and lemon wedges, if you like.