John Dory with Tomato Salsa and Grilled Vegetables March 4, 2019
The delicate white flesh of the John Dory teams beautifully with this sweet and slightly robust salsa to create this yummy recipe, along with the smokiness from the grilled vegetables it adds its own tasty layer to this easy platter of goodness. Check out the original recipe here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 12 dried tomatoes, diced finely
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 2 john dory fillets
- 2 zucchini sliced length ways
- 8 continental beans
- 6 slices butternut pumpkin
- 1 red chilli, cut length ways and deseeded
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- For the salsa, heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft. Pour this, along with the juices, into a bowl and add the diced tomato, capers, parsley and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a grill and brush or spray the vegetables slices with oil before cooking on both sides. Season and set aside.
- On the skin of the fish fillets cut 2-3 small slices to prevent the fillet curling up, then pan-fry in a little oil, skin-side down, for about 1 minute. Depending how thick they are, it may take less time or it may take more. Turn the fillets over and cook the other side for about 1 minute. Season well.
- Pan-fry the lemon, cut side down, until caramelised
- Arrange the fish, vegetables and salsa any way you wish. Serve immediately. Serves 2