Homemade Fish Burgers June 11, 2018
Burgers are always a popular option and this delicious recipe is quick and easy. You can use any firm white fish for this recipe and our special of the week Warehou would be perfect. Serve them with handcut fries and tomato sauce for a classic dinner. Check out the original post here.
- 500g roasting potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 0.5cm rounds
LEMON PEPPER CRUMBED FISH BURGERS
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 –1 tablespoon lemon pepper (optional, adults)
- 450g fish fillets such as warehou, snapper or gurnard
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 6 burger buns
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2–1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 1 Place potato rounds onto first prepared tray, in a single layer (can overlap slightly). Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until cooked through and golden. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together panko breadcrumbs, lemon pepper and a drizzle olive oil. Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut fillets into smaller pieces, about the size to fit buns. Place on second prepared tray, drizzle a little oil over and season with salt. Evenly sprinkle lemon pepper crumb mixture over and press down gently to coat. Bake fish, on oven rack higher than potatoes, for 6–8 minutes (depending on thickness), until crumb is golden and fish is just cooked through. Check often to ensure crumb doesn’t burn.
- 3 While fish is cooking, prepare the salad ingredients. Slice cucumber thinly; finely slice lettuce; thinly slice avocado. In a small bowl, mix all sweet mayo ingredients together.
- 4 Slice burger buns in half horizontally. Once potatoes have finished cooking, transfer onto a plate, lined with a paper towel. Place burger buns on same tray, cut side up, to toast in oven for 2–3 minutes.
- TO SERVE Place all ingredients in the middle for everyone to make their own burgers. Fill each burger with salad, fish and a dollop of sweet mayo. Serve potato rounds, extra salad, and remaining sweet mayo on the side.
- SERVES 4-5