Grilled Cajun Fish Burgers with Hot Coriander Sauce April 23, 2019
Packed full of flavour from the zesty cajun marinade and spicy coriander sauce, these grilled fish burgers from The Australian Women’s Weekly’s are the perfect way to get your family eating more seafood. View the original recipe here.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix
- 8 x 150g firm white fish fillets, skinned, boned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium white bread rolls, split in half
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke sauce or smokey bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, sliced thinly
- Make hot coriander sauce: Blend or process ingredients until combined. Season to taste.
- Combine spice mix, fish and oil in a shallow dish; season.
- Preheat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) to high. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Toast bread rolls, in batches, cut-side down on grill for 1 minute each side or until grill marks are visible
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, cabbage, liquid smoke, and coriander in a large bowl; season to taste.
- To assemble burgers, divide half the fish between bread bases, top with cabbage mixture, remaining fish, jalapeño then drizzle with hot coriander sauce.