Fish Pie April 13, 2017
Jamie Oliver’s fish pie is a hearty dish. Check out the original post here.
You can use any fish you like in this dish but the smoked fish adds a great flavour.
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 150 g Cheddar cheese
- 1 lemon
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- 4 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 300 g salmon fillets , skin off, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 300 g smoked fish, skin off, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 125 g raw peeled king prawns, from sustainable sources
- olive oil
- 1 good handful of baby spinach , optional
- 2 ripe tomatoes , optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks, then cook in boiling salted water for 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Peel the carrot. Stand a box grater in a deep baking tray or dish, then coarsely grate the carrot, along with the celery and Cheddar.
- Switch to the fine side of the grater, and grate in the lemon zest and chilli. Pick and finely chop the parsley (stalks and all), and add to the tray or dish.
- Slice the salmon and smoked haddock into bite-size chunks and add to the tray with the prawns.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice (no pips please!), drizzle lightly with olive oil and add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. If you want to add any spinach or tomatoes, roughly chop and add them now. Mix everything together really well.
- Drain the potatoes, and return them to the pan. Drizzle with a couple of good lugs of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper, then mash until nice and smooth.
- Dot and spread the mash evenly over the top of the fish and grated veg.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through, crispy and golden on top, then serve piping hot with tomato ketchup, baked beans, steamed veg or a lovely green salad.