Crumbed Gurnard with Fries and Caper Mayonnaise January 28, 2020
This crispy crumbed gurnard recipe is delicious served with homemade fries and caper mayo. Enjoy as a midweek family meal or try as a Friday night fish and chips alternative! Click here for the original recipe.
- 4 potatoes, cleaned and cut into thick wedges
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 450 gram fresh gurnard fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup good-quality bought mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the potatoes into a baking dish and drizzle over the oil. Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked.
- Place the flour and eggs on separate plates. Place the breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon zest, parsley and seasoning on a third plate and mix together.
- Dip each fillet into the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the fillets and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. You may have to cook the fillets in batches, depending on the size of the pan. Serve with lemon wedges and caper mayonnaise.
- To make the mayonnaise, place all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together. Set aside.