Barbequed Lime and Chilli Crayfish December 18, 2017
← Marinated Raw Fish with Pineapple, Coconut and Guacamole Oven-Roasted Fish with Herb and Pinenut Relish →
This recipe for Barbequed Lime & Chilli Crayfish is the perfect way to enjoy one of NZ’s favourite delicacies this Christmas. Check out the original recipe by Nadia Lim here.
PREP: 5 MINUTES
COOKS IN: 10 MINUTES
Crayfish (or rock lobster) is an absolute treat so here is a delicious recipe to make the most of it!
- live crayfish 1 whole
- garlic 1 clove, minced
- red chilli 1 small, finely chopped
- lime finely grated zest of 1
- butter 1 ½ tablespoons melted
- salt one pinch
- Use a sharp, heavy knife to split the crayfish straight down the middle lengthways (after it has been put to sleep). Remove the mustard coloured liver.
- Mix all other ingredients together and brush over flesh of crayfish. Heat a barbeque or grill plate on medium heat. Place crayfish halves, shell side down first, on the hot plate for 3-4 minutes (the shells will start to turn red), then turn over to flesh side down and cook a further 3 minutes.
- Tip: If you can’t get hold of a live crayfish, you can use a pre-cooked one – brush flavoured butter on the flesh and cook flesh side down for only a couple of minutes.