Albacore Tuna with Soy Marinade February 11, 2019
There’s nothing too fishy, dry, or flavourless about this tuna recipe. The tuna holds in the sweet and salty moisture from the marinade, leaving each bite juicy and refreshing making it a perfect summer dish. Check out the original recipe here.
- 800g albacore fillets
- Soy sauce ¼ cup low-sodium
- Japanese rice wine 2 tablespoons
- Seasoned rice vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Fresh ginger 1 tablespoon minced or grated
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Dark sesame oil 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon
- Combine the soy sauce, rice wine, vinegar, ginger and sugar in a bowl and whisk together well. Whisk in the sesame oil.
- Place the albacore steaks in a large bowl or baking dish and toss with the marinade. Cover the bowl, or transfer the fish and marinade to a large zip-top bag and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or longer.
- Prepare a hot grill, or heat a heavy cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade. Cook the fillets for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like the fish to be. Serve hot.