Thai Fish Curry September 25, 2017
Everyone loves a good curry and this Thai Fish Curry is a simple but delicious dinner option . Check out the original post here.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup of green beans
- 700g of white fish (Warehou, Trevally, Tarakihi, Gurnard), cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes, or until the onion is softened and golden.
- Add the curry paste, turmeric, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir for 1 minute, until well combined. Add the tomatoes (with their juices), coconut milk, and green beans. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes longer.
- Add the fish and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Divide the fish and broth among 4 bowls, squeeze a wedge of lime juice over, and top with chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice noodles or rice.