Grilled fish, red wine and mushroom ragout June 6, 2017
Warehou is our special for this week and it would be the perfect fillet to use for this Martin Bosley recipe which is grilled fish with a mushroom ragout. Check out the originial post here.
• Olive oil
• 50g unsalted butter
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
• 8 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1 sprig thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 250ml red wine
• 250ml chicken stock
• 800g firm white-fleshed fish fillets
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat the butter in a deep saucepan and when it begins to foam add the shallots. Cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 8 minutes until the mushrooms are nice and soft.
3. Add the herbs and wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce by half until the sauce becomes lovely and syrupy.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Place the portions of fish on to a shallow baking sheet and brush with the melted butter.
7. Put the fish under the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the fish and season with salt and cook for another 3 minutes depending on the thickness.
8. Remove the fish to a plate, squeeze the lemon juice over it and keep it warm.